I fell in love with turmeric when I found out about its powerful benefits. I remember my mom using it all the time in her cooking but I had no idea what it was and why we used it.
So long story short, when I found out about its wonderful properties I wanted to find a way to use it in my daily life. What better way than to make a paste and drink golden turmeric lattes and golden shots everyday?
This recipe was inspired by my friend’s mom. Over a conversation about morning routine my friend was telling me that they have a turmeric shot every morning that her mom makes. Brilliant, RIGHT!?
I wanted to notch it up a bit and added coconut oil and black pepper. Most of the time I warm up ¼ of a cup of my homemade almond milk, add 1 heaping teaspoon of this paste to it, and just take it like a shot. SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS! Lol
The other times I like to use it in my morning latte, which is also made with almond milk.
Why I Love this recipe:
- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties and is rich in trace minerals such as copper and magnesium (source)
- This paste is antioxidant rich because of the turmeric and hence it protects the body against free radical damage
- Coconut oil helps preserve this recipe and gives a rich creamy flavour
- Black pepper enhances the absorption of turmeric
If you try this recipe let me know! Leave me a comment, star it, and make sure to tag your beautiful photo on Instagram #LoveNourishInspire. I’d love to see your amazing creations. Xo
Golden Turmeric Paste
3 ingredients turmeric paste with anti-inflammatory properties and a dose of wellness taken in a shot.
- ½ cup organic turmeric powder
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp unrefined coconut oil
Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add the water and turmeric powder.
Stir constantly until the mixture has thickened and it’s paste like. This takes approximately 6-8 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Add in the coconut oil and black pepper and mix.
Transfer to a clean jar; once cooled completely, seal and refrigerate. This will stay fresh for up to a month.