In a frying pan heat the olive oil on medium heat. Sauté the diced onion until translucent, about 10 minutes.
2. While the onion is cooking, in a medium pot bring the 2 cups of water to a boil. Turn the heat to low. Using a steamer add the broccoli and cover with a lid.
3. Let the broccoli steam for about 12 minutes until it is tender and bright green. Remove from the heat.
4. Add the vegetable broth and the coconut milk to a high-speed blender along with the onion, broccoli, ginger, slat, and pepper.
5. Blend on high for 2 minutes until the mixture is completely smooth and creamy.
6. Adjust the seasoning at this point.
7. Heat the soup in the same pot as the broccoli was cooking in earlier. Serve hot with a splash of coconut milk, sprinkle of hemps seeds, chili flakes, and a generous amount of lemon rinds.
The leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 4 days