This delicious smoothie has been a staple this summer. I feel very blessed to have access to papayas all year round here in Hawaii. They thrive in this weather. You can find them on trees by the side of the road, in just about any neighbourhood. I usually buy them from the farmer’s market; five for $2, and you can’t go wrong with that. My neighbour also has a few papaya trees and she generously gives most of them to me.
I suppose my inspiration for this smoothie came from the abundance of papayas on this island.
This smoothie will help you get your glow on. As you might already know, a beautiful skin starts from the inside, and what you put in the body has a tremendous effect on how your skin looks and how you feel overall.
WHY I LOVE THIS GLOWING SKIN SUMMER SMOOTHIE:
- Papayas are rich in antioxidants such as vitamin C, B vitamins and folate.
- They contain minerals such as potassium, copper, and magnesium, which promote the health of the colon.
- And last but not the least, papayas contain a natural digestive enzyme called “papain” which helps cleans the skin.
In the mornings I enjoy cutting a papaya in half, taking out the seeds and scooping out the flesh with a spoon. It’s best eaten on an empty stomach to get the most benefit and absorption from the digestive enzymes.
- Cantaloup is also a great source of vitamin C and beta carotene, and probably one of the most hydrating fruit. There are many varieties of them such as Honeydew and Canary and I love them all.
I hope you make this smoothie and enjoy it as much as I do.
If you try this recipe let me know! Leave me a comment, star it, and make sure to tag your beautiful photo on Instagram #LoveNourishInspire. I’d love to see your amazing creations. Xo
Glowing Skin Summer Smoothie
- ¾ cup filtered water
- 1 ripe papaya
- ½ medium cantaloupe - skin removed
- 1 frozen banana
- Juice of ½ lime
Add all the ingredients, starting with water, to a high speed blender.
Blend starting on low and increasing speed for approximately 1 minute or until the the mixture is smooth and creamy. Serve right away!