Spring is a beautiful time to gently detox the body. I love sipping on teas throughout the day while they support the body in its natural detoxification process.
Our liver is one the hardest working detoxification organs. This tea is a combination of bitter herbs and vitamin C from lemon that supports the liver in the detoxification process.
I usually make a double batch of this tea and use it throughout the week.
I used the Traditional Medicinals brand for all the tea bags, except the milk thistle, which is by Herbaria.
A little about the herbs in this tea blend,
- Every day detox tea – this is a blend of burdock root, stinging nettle leaf, cleavers herb and dandelion root. All of which help to support the liver in its natural detoxification process
- Dandelion root and leaf – a bitter herb that also helps the liver detoxify and probably one of my favorites
- Milk thistle – contains lots of antioxidant and helps the liver detoxify
- Mint – soothes digestion
- Hibiscus – rich in antioxidants and great for flavour
I would suggest drinking one cup a day. Personally I like it bitter without any sweetener but you may choose to sweeten with raw honey or stevia.
Hope you love this tea as much as I do.
Note: please note that if you are pregnant or on any medication always check the herbal interaction with your current condition and/or medication, as these herbs are very powerful.
If you try this recipe let me know! Leave me a comment, star it, and make sure to tag your beautiful photo on Instagram #LoveNourishInspire. I’d love to see your amazing creations. Xo
Liver Detox Iced Tea
- 8 cups boiled water
- 3 everyday detox tea bags
- 2 dandelion leaf and root tea bags
- 2 milk thistle tea bags
- 2 hibiscus tea bags
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Raw honey or pure stevia leaf powder – to sweeten
Transfer the 6 cups of boiled water into a large jar or pitcher. Steep all the tea bags and mint leaves in there for 1 hour.
Remove the tea bags and leave the jar on the counter to come to a room temperature.
Lastly add the lemon juice and refrigerate for couple hours before serving.
Serve over ice and use stevia or honey to sweeten.